DO YOU WORK IN THE MEDICAL PROFESSION?
DO YOU FEEL THAT YOU ARE MAXIMISING YOUR TAX DEDUCTIONS?
have worked with many nurses and health professionals over the years in the preperation of their taxation returns. This experience has made them realise that there is often confusion as to what is actually tax deductible.
If you work as a nurse or other health professional, in a hospital, agency or private practice, here are some of them tax deductions you may be able to claim:
- union fees, professional membership and agency fees
- the cost of meals when you work overtime, provided you have received an allowance
- the cost of using your car to travel to training courses and meetings or between two places of employment
- work-related training courses that relate to your current work
- laundry of uniform
- non-slip shoes
- home office expenses, like electricity and depreciation of equipment, if you have to perform some of your duties at home (i.e. on-line education, research)
- the cost of any supplies that you buy for use at work, such as briefcase, stationery, and medical equipment
- a portion of your mobile phone if you use it to make calls for work purposes
- and much much more…
service the Penrith and surrounding area. Appointments can be made after hours and on Saturdays during July to October. Meetings can also be done over the phone and documents sent via email or post, it’s that easy.